Thursday, September 29, 2011

Visit to UK

Last weekend I visited my in-laws in the UK and because we travel about 8 hours each way I decided to take a crochetproject with me. That would keep me buzzy in the car and on the ferry.
I took the pattern for the "Monique bear"  with me.
In Coventry UK, I had to look for a craftshop to buy more wool so I was able to crochet more on the way back and this is the result: Not 1 ... not 2.... but 4 Monique bears were born.
Monique bear in different colours and materials
I have to admit, I thought this pattern would be to difficult to follow for me ( a beginner and my native language is Dutch) but it worked out quite well. And the results came out fine ....I think they did, don't know about you.
I like the fact that the legs and arms can move.  My friends love them.
                                                              ---

Vorig weekend zijn we op bezoek geweest bij mijn schoonouders die in UK wonen. Van hieruit duurt de trip ongeveer 8 uur. Ik besloot mijn haakwerk mee te nemen. Dat zou mij bezig houden tijdens het rijden en de ferry.
Ik nam het patroon van de "Monique bear"  mee. Die was vlugger af dan ik verwacht had.
In Coventry heb ik een hobbyshop moeten bezoeken om meer wol te halen zodat ik nog wat kon haken op de terugweg. En dit is het resultaat: Niet 1 ... niet 2 .... maar 4 beren heb ik gemaakt.
Ik moet toegeven, ik dacht dat het patroon moeilijker was. Het resultaat mag gezien worden.... allez dat dan ik, weet niet wat jullie ervan vinden. Leuk is ook dat hun armen en benen bewegen. Mijn vrienden vinden ze ook leuk.

No comments:

Post a Comment